Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Interesting Articles on the TV Front

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/parks-recreation-vs-the-office--1122

The Office is one of my favorite television shows and I think it's come a long way since being just a rehash of The UK's version. I even chose The Office as the series for my spec script last October for the Disney/ABC Fellowship.

At first I could not get into Parks and Rec until I decided to go ahead and start from the first episode. It slowly grows on you and I think it's pretty decent and it indeed has a lot of similarities to The Office. Is that good? Bad? Doesn't matter? I'm not sure. On the one hand, I love this type of humor. On the other, the sarcastic, over-the-top mockumentary is becoming just another paradigm. Look at ABC's Modern Family. It, too, is a fantastic show but it goes to show the era of television that we are living in.

On a somewhat related note: Aziz Ansari is coming to Seattle in June! His last stand-up is definitely worth a watch for those who have not already seen it.



http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/jay-leno-admits-conan-obrien-got-screwed--1123

We all know about the Late Night Fiasco on NBC and since Leno's back as the host, I've been boycotting it. Unlike many of my cohorts, I don't find Leno to be "terribly unfunny." In fact, I think he has okay jokes. He does, however, suffer in comparison to Conan. Despite all this, Conan came up with a great idea to bring his show live to all across the US, starting in Oregon. *Sigh* If only tickets did not sell out so quickly. Damn scalpers!!!! Either way, good luck Conan - on both the tour and devising a way to stick it back to NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment